Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao Jr., better known as Jr. NTR, became a household name courtesy to the SS Rajamouli-directed film RRR, which starred him and Ram Charan in the key roles. With the song Naatu Naatu, which this year brought India an Oscar, he rose to recognition all across the globe.
Jr. NTR has achieved great success and won the hearts of moviegoers all around the world in part due to his enthralling performances and modest demeanor. We are really grateful to have had the opportunity to see his work on the big screen throughout the course of his lengthy career in the business, which is testament to his commitment to Indian film.
As the RRR actor prepares to turn 40 this year, here are some intriguing facts about him that you may not be aware of:
1. Jr. NTR was born in Hyderabad on May 20, 1983.
2. His mother Shalini Bhaskar Rao was from Kundapur, Karnataka, while his father Nandamuri Harikrishna was a politician and performer in Telugu films.
3. Jr. NTR is the great-grandson of N. T. Rama Rao, a renowned Telugu actor and former chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
ALSO READ: Happy Birthday, Jr. NTR! The newest and upcoming movies from the Telugu Superstar, from RRR to Devara
4. Tarak, after his fabled grandpa, was given the name.
5. In 1991, Jr. NTR made his acting debut as a young kid in Brahmarshi Vishwamitra, directed by Grandpa Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao.
6. After that, he appeared in the film Bala Ramayanam by Gunasekhar. The movie won two Nandi Awards in addition to the National Film Award for Best Children's Film.
7. Ninnu Choodalani, which was released in 2001, was his first major motion picture as an adult.
8. In 2011, Jr. NTR wed Lakshmi Pranathi.
9. Pranathi is the niece of the former chief minister of Andhra Pradesh, N Chandrababu Naidu, and the daughter of industrialist Narne Srinivasa Rao.
10. Nandamuri Abhay Ram and Nandamuri Bhargava Ram are Jr. NTR and Pranathi's two sons.
11. For his performance in RRR, the actor received a Critics Choice Super Award nomination.
12. Aadi (2002), directed by V. V. Vinayak, starred Jr. NTR and ranked second only behind Chiranjeevi's Indra in terms of box office take.
12. Jr. NTR is a skilled Kuchipudi dancer, did you know that? He is a talented performer who is able to master choreographies even without rehearsal.
14. The actor is an expert in all styles of dance, making him one of the top dancers in Telugu cinema.
15. One of the largest cinematic events in Telugu cinema was the grand audio function event for Jr NTR's movie Andhrawala.
16. With thousands of people there to watch the whole cast and crew of the movie, it was no less than a festival.
17. What was even more shocking was that Indian Railways organized ten special trains to transport close to 10 lakh guests to the inauguration ceremony.
18. In Japan, Superstar Jr. NTR has a cult following.
19. He became well-known in Japan when Baadshah, in which he starred as the lead character, was released.
20. With War 2, Jr. NTR will make his Hindi film debut.
21. In 2012 and 2016, he was included on Forbes India's Celebrity List.
22. Jr. NTR is not only a talented actor and dancer, but he is also a talented vocalist.
23. For his film Yamadonga, he recorded his debut Telugu song in 2007.
24. He thereafter performed a number of additional mega hits, including 1, 2, and 3 Nenoka Kantri in Kantri, Chary in Adhurs, Sri Anjaneyam in Oosaravelli, Raakasi Raakasi in Rabhasa, and many more.
25. For his song Follow Follow in the movie Nannaku Prematho, Jr. NTR has also received a Filmfare nomination.
26. The actor finds the number nine to be fortunate and shares this belief in numerology.
27. It goes without saying that Jr NTR's BMW 7 Series has the license plate 9999. He spent Rs 10.5 lakh on the personalized plate.
28. It's interesting to note that Jr NTR has a single registration number for all of his vehicles.
29. He and director SS Rajamouli have a particular relationship.
30. In 2001, NTR had his first significant success with SS Rajamouli's Student No. 1.
Simhadri, his second project with Rajamouli, was one of the most successful Telugu movies of 2003.
32. Rajamouli and Jr. NTR worked together on a number of popular films, including the director's masterpiece RRR.
33. He portrayed liberation warrior Komaram Bheem from the 20th century in the movie RRR.
The actor has served as the presenter of the Star Maa channel's Telugu broadcast of the reality series Bigg Boss.
35. His appearance on television helped the station achieve record viewership.
36. Nandamuri Balakrishna, an actor and politician, is the uncle of Jr. NTR. He is also connected to N. Chandrababu Naidu, the former chief minister of Andhra Pradesh.
37. Jr. NTR is related to actors Taraka Ratna, Nara Rohit, and politician Nara Lokesh.
38. The actor, who comes from a political family, campaigned in Andhra Pradesh for the Telugu Desam Party in the 2009 general election in India.
39. To aid with relief efforts for Andhra Pradesh's flood victims, NTR gave the Chief Minister Relief Fund a donation of Rs 20 lakh in 2009.
40. In 2014, NTR donated Rs 20 lakh to the Andhra Pradesh Chief Minister Relief Fund in support of those affected by Cyclone Hudhud.